Principle: You have purpose and God-given missions to fulfill in your life.
We’ve spent the month of October discussing life missions. As you reflect on what you’ve learned, what have you learned about your life mission? Very few teens know many concrete details about their life mission. But you can still have impressions and ideas about the direction Heavenly Father would like you to take.
Read the following three articles. Afterwards, reflect in your truth book on the following questions:
1. How does your education relate to your life mission?
2. What other preparations might you need to take for your life mission?
3. What is something you could do right now to move toward the mission God has planned for you?
4. Are there any changes you need to make in your life to take this step? (Consider how you spend your time, how you treat others, repenting of sins, other changes . . .)
“Go Forth to Serve” by Robert D. Hales (BYU Speech)
“In His Steps” by President Ezra Taft Bensen
“Choose Wisely” Elder Quentin L. Cook
Loving this? Remember, Journeyman and Master level inspirements are just below for those who want to do MORE. :)
The roles of mother and father are divinely appointed callings and part of your eternal mission on this earth. After you read one of the following articles, answer the following questions in your truth book.
1. How do you feel about your calling to be a mother or a father?
2. What can you do now to prepare for this calling?
For the girls:
“Instrument in the Hands of God” by President James E. Faust
For the boys:
“Fatherhood, an Eternal Calling” by Elder L. Tom Perry
Much of accomplishing a life mission is setting goals and doing what it takes accomplishing them. As you move toward your goals, you will often hit obstacles that seem difficult or impossible to overcome. Because Satan does not want you to accomplish good goals, he may use fear or despair to try and stop you.
Prayerfully consider a goal that Heavenly Father would like you to achieve but that makes you feel afraid or overwhelmed. In your truth book, write down at least one specific thing you could do in the next week to accomplish that goal. Commit to accomplishing that specific task and follow through.
After you complete the task, write down your thoughts in your truth book.