Spend time doing each of these four inspirements:
1 hour for Apprentice,
1 1/2 hour for Journeyman,
and 2 hours or more for Master level
1. GENSHAI- In class you were given a piece of paper that said, "Genshai - Never treat another person in a manner that would make them feel small - including myself." Tape it to the mirror in your bathroom or someplace where you will see it everyday. Read it each day and look for times during the day where you can practice Genshai, either in regards to others or to yourself. Be prepared to share your experience in class next week.
2. You were also given a sheet of sticker paper that had a picture of the Savior on it. We discussed what pride is in class. We learned that whenever we feel ourselves to be above others, or when we put ourselves below others, that we are really focusing on ourselves (therefore withholding our love and our service from others) and are therefore being prideful. (That's a very simplified explanation!) We discussed how if we are to become more like the Savior, then we are to truly love ourselves and others, and to become the best we can be with the purpose of serving others. This inspirement invites you to teach what you learned about this to someone else - perhaps to your parents or a sibling, or in Family Home Evening. This will help you to understand it better yourself. If you want to ask me questions to help you better understand it, please feel free to email me. You can use this image to help you teach it.
3. Think about and write about the following questions in your Truth Book:
1. Looking back over the past few years, has anyone treated you with Genshai? What was the situation and how did it make you feel?
2. And on the flip-side of that, has there been a time in the past few years where you treated someone with Genshai? What was the situation and how did it make you feel?
3. What things do you think about, or believe, that make you feel small?
4. What things do you think about, or believe, that make you feel better than someone else?
5. What can you do to feel more love for yourself and others?
4. Go to the Topical Guide and look up "Charity." Choose verses to read and study, and write down some of your favorites in your Truth Book. Be prepared to share one of your favorites in class.
(PS Remember to bring your scriptures next week!)